Moving products from place to place can lead to a number of issues, but RFID and RFID asset tracking/tagging can help in everyday tracking across several industries—including transportation.
As a review, (RFID) Radio-Frequency Identification is the use of radio waves to read and capture information stored on a tag attached to an object. This tag can be read from several feet away, and it isn’t necessary to be within direct line-of-sight of the reader to be tracked. As you can guess, this can be highly effective in the transportation field.
Benefits of RFID Tech for Transportation:
- Optimization of Container Stowage to Increase Profits: RFIDs can help maximize asset utilization, reduce operating costs, improve customer service and increase production without adding resources.
- Lower Capital Expenditures & Optimization of Ground Support Equipment Operations: RFIDs can aid with battery and fluid monitoring, status and location monitoring, access control, safety and security audits, reporting KPIs and status and location monitoring.
- Seamless Vehicle Tracking: RFIDs have the ability to decrease on-site dwell time to increase deal and customer responsiveness, reduce labor costs for vehicle processing.
- Streamline Cargo and Break Bulk Operations: RFIDs may: support various Ro-Ro vehicle operations, simplify billing, improve control over Container Freight Stations, extend customization / mobile framework capabilities, ensure that no process steps are skipped and that quality is enhanced because every vehicle meets customer/dealer specifications.
- Automated Yard Management: RFIDs can help your company: identify shipping bottlenecks and rapidly adjust delivery schedules, access historical data on location and status of assets (without written logs), achieve increased supply chain visibility to meet SLAs and automate workflows and processes while capturing data on tracked assets across various sites.
PiiComm offers a number of RFID solutions to fit any business’ needs, and we’re here to create a program that’s unique to you.