LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., April 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today announced its first multi-operating system RFID sled designed to easily add high-performance RFID and 1D/2D bar code scanning to Android™ and iOS™ mobile devices. The RFD8500 can also cost-effectively transform Zebra mobile devices – such as the TC55 and MC40 – into handheld RFID readers. Zebra will debut the RFD8500 UHF RFID sled this week in Booth #204 at RFID Journal LIVE! on April 15-17, 2015 at the San Diego Convention Center.
- The RFD8500 UHF RFID reader enables businesses to leverage previous mobile device investments by adding world-class data collection capabilities.
- Zebra’s lightweight, ergonomic RFD8500 sled offers full-shift battery life, making it ideal for inventory and asset management, product search and replenishment applications in retail stores, warehouses and healthcare environments.
- The new RFD8500 reader provides businesses with the flexibility to communicate with a variety of host devices to read and write to EPC Class 1 Gen2 UHF tags and capture 1D and 2D barcodes via Bluetooth®. The RFD8500 also supports select features of the EPC Gen 2v2 standard providing retailers with additional protection of consumer privacy and against counterfeit products.
- The RFD8500 sled’s patent-pending antenna technology represents a breakthrough design that provides maximum omni-directional range, read/write performance and coverage.
- The RFD8500 sled is available with a comprehensive accessory ecosystem including multiple adaptors that enable devices to easily mount onto the sled for easy single-handed operation.
Bob Sanders, senior vice president, Data Capture Solutions and Engineering Shared Services, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra’s new RFD8500 sled provides investment protection to businesses that want to leverage their existing mobile device strategy and augment it with our RFID and barcode data collection capabilities. The RFD8500 offers numerous innovative design and technology features that will help organizations improve worker productivity and simplify inventory processes with the mobile device and operating system that best meet their needs.”
Farrokh Abadi, Chief Strategy and Business Development Officer, Checkpoint Merchandise Availability Solutions
“Our customers increasingly want to leverage the power of RFID to drive timely, accurate inventory information and enhance the shopping experience. Zebra’s new RFD8500 RFID sled, which will also be on display in our booth (#500) at RFID Journal Live, hits retail’s sweet spot by providing high performance in a flexible design, enabling businesses to cost-effectively add RFID capabilities to their existing mobile devices. The stylish and easy to use RFD8500 also supports a powerful set of security features while bringing true comfort to inventory management tasks.”
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com/possibilities.
Read the original release: